1. Every movie review on this blog carries a disclaimer.
2. Text ahead might contain spoilers, but hey, I am sure 3/4th of the world has already see the movie by now.
3. A movie seen late, gets a review, late.
As fate would have it, this is the second Hrithik Roshan movie this blog is reviewing.
ZNMD is an interesting flick to watch(but just once!). Three friends get together on a supposed Bachelor Party, setting them on to experiment adventure sports they dread most, making them unveil their hidden fears. A comparison with Dil Chahta Hai inevitably crosses your mind looking at the tension and friction between Arjun and Imraan. Such a comparison does unimaginable damage to the movie, which Zoya Akhtar seems to have quickly grasped.
- Hrithik Roshan sports a Dhoom 2 look. Yes?
- The chemistry between Arjun and Imraan is unmistakable and thoroughly enjoyable. Abhay Deol plays Ms. Goody Two Shoes and is the glue between these two.
- I can't even get to writing it, but Nazeeruddin Shah and Deepti Naval are wasted :( For whatever it's worth, the two have enacted their parts beautifully, though I did want to put some life into Naval's character.
- When all of the world is singing Senorita, I can't see why Roshan sings Senori"thaa". :D Abhay Deol's unrestrained singing and his clumsy dancing bring a whiff of fresh air to the song. *drool*
- Katrina is aptly cast in the movie, movies-set-in-foreign-locations being her forte, thereby bringing out her talent to nonchalantly carry off her American Hindi.
- Why in the name of God was "Saare jahan se acchha" played before they were about to skydive?
- Farhan Akhtar is adorable. Kalki Koechlin has enacted her bit well, and adds that posh-ness to the setting.
- The ending scene while the credits are rolling, is completely utopian in my view. The compulsive need to show that all was cool between Kabir(Abhay) and Natasha(Kalki) as the movie ends. Disappointing. Life doesn't work that way.
- iLOLed at Bagwati :D
The movie is certainly nothing out of the ordinary, but is definitely worth a watch. If nothing, you'll atleast feel the desperate need to skydive before you die :)